Last Thursday we decided to make a blackberry pie! We have only picked blackberries a couple times this year, but did have enough for a pie! The kids have been wanting to make one, so we thought we would make one for when Grandpa and Mimi came to visit! Carson and Paislee started helping me, until Miss Tynn woke up, and then they all helped out! They loved the blackberry filling, before it went in the pie, and the pie crust :)

Grandpa and Mimi came on Friday! This is the day that Austy pie broke her little bone :( Carson is always ready to go and Austynn is our home body, so Cars man had some time at the motel! I think this pic is cute of them looking at each other at breakfast.
After we got back from the doctor on Saturday, I let the kids play in the sprinkler a bit. Pais was down to her diaper, so I gave her a yogurt (to feed herself) and a piece of pie! She had a good-ole-time, and then got a bath!
The boys in figuring out their project! Here is Carson after the sprinkler and lunch - just watching the boys! He is always SO ready to help and just loves figuring it out! So curious, like Grandpa.
Saturday night we went to the circus. We got some cotton candy - Carson and Paislee liked it the most - and a sweet circus hat!
The camels and the elephants were my 2 favorites.
Karen entertaining the kids on Sunday morning!
Carson woke up from his nap first on Sunday. I was touching up the paint in the closet and needed to get groceries, so Mitch took Carson to the pool for some fun! He got this neat little airplane from the front desk person at the motel! Every time he gets a haircut I think he looks older!
Carson was out helping his dad cover the house, getting ready to spray some stain.
Monday morning I got all our stuff moved into our closet! Feels nice to have the space - wow! I can actually see all my clothes - yes :) Thanks, boys, for putting this together! I love it!!
The kids were troopers and played in the closet and the house while I tried to move, clean, and organize. Then, I got a wild hair and decided to paint our bathroom - why not? So, I took the kids (about 3pm/no naps) to home depot to get paint and then to wal-mart to get some accessories. Came home, put Pais down for a nap, and started painting/with the big kids watching. :)- I still have some more to do in there, but the painting is done. I think it will be alright, but I was not so sure ... still yet to be determined!
Here are our 3 little amigos yesterday morning! Gram and Gramps, the timing of bringing us the fire chief hat was perfect! The kids have been "shooting it up" all week and Paislee is a fire chief, cowgirl! I put new holes in their holsters so they stay up and found one of my belts that an extra holster went on for Paislee. They are all happy and shooting away!
Mitch played Candy Land with the kids, complete with popcorn, and put them to bed while I finished up the bathroom paint :)

And here is the man tonight, just a bit ago - making faces at me for taking his picture :). Our cement staining process is nearing the end! He is washing it off tonight and putting sealer on it the next 2. Kind of fun to see the results of our projects and to know there is an end in site!
We took Austynn to the orthopedic MD today and he said she should heal up just fine! She has to stay in her brace or a sling for 4-6 weeks. We go back in a month for another x-ray. Now to just pray she does not hurt it any more just being a kiddo!















Great pictures and fun memories!! Ya'll do such funnnn things! My fav picture is of all 3 kiddos wiht their hats and guns! Tell them their Texas Auntie says " yee-ha and giddy-up!" :)) Ya'lls closet looks amazing!!! Great job and such a great space! Now its time to enjoy! Love, Stace
ReplyDeleteI love all of the smiles on Austy's face even though she has been through the ringer. Such a tough little thing...kinda like her mommy ;). It's crazy the older they get the more they remind me of the 3 of us growing up! Hope it works out for you guys to come over in a couple weeks. Can't wait to see you and the fam! I miss those little munchkins!!! Love you!! -Sister
ReplyDelete