On Friday morning my mom called and she and my dad offered to meet half way and take both kids for an extended weekend. This sounded great! However, we decided that Carsman needed to stay home and have some time with us to work on his little attitude a bit :) Austynn is our home body, so I wasn't sure if she would be ready for an adventure or not? When we asked her, though, she was all excited and ready to go! Carson was, too, so I had to get him excited to stay with us - ha! :) We bypassed naps this day, thinking maybe we could sleep in the car. Anyway, Mitch said he could take the other 2 kids, but Gram and Gramps were planning on having Paislee, so Mitch had Carson. Austynn and I were off and we met Papa and Nana 1/2 way at 6:00 pm. Austynn finally zonked at 5:45 (my bad!). When she woke she was excited, and then she realized it would mean that she had to leave mom...we walked around, bribed with fries and ice cream, a hair cut from auntie, swimming pool, oh my ... the little babe just wanted mom (she is a momma's girl! and always has been). So, after 45 minutes, Austynn and I headed back to Eugene and poor Papa and Nana back to Prineville :( So, there went those plans! Never know what a kid is going to do!!
Grandpa snapped this picture of Paislee with Grandma - I love it! They put some chocolate on a graham cracker for Paislee :) Grandma said that she loved the chocolate! Just licked it off. Such a great pic!

Saturday the girls and I worked inside and got groceries and Carson and dad finished cleaning up the garage and drive way. We got stuff to make cupcakes to have a party for dad before he flew off to his interview in TN on Sunday. We all enjoyed the cupcakes and ice cream and celebrating dad ;)-
We had a little movie party with the kids before bed time (well, it was past their bedtime!)
On Sunday we celebrated some more - cupcakes and ice cream for breakfast, packed dad up, and then headed to the park for a little fun. Kids were dressed in their jammies and shoes of choice, as you will see!
Daddy picked some blackberries for the kiddos.
After we dropped dad off, we stopped by Gram and Gramps to see what they were up to. My grandpa is always up to something! He is putting new plywood in his trailer - the one we are always using! :)
Grandma and I took the kids to the park.
Grandma invited us over for dinner, so I took the kids home, put them down for a nap, and then we went back to g/g's. Yummy roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, and garden veggies! Thank you! I brought the bikes and we took the kids back to the park. Austynn wanted the stroller, while Paislee insisted on the trike! When we got back, I gave the kids a quick bath, they had some cookies and lemonade and we headed home. Thanks for the help!!
It was at this point that I was wondering why I didn't give both kids to my parents, who would have happily taken them! :)--
The kids got some popcorn and a movie when we got home. This is the big kids making funny faces...
This is where the kids and I slept while daddy was away. We all slept pretty good. Paislee, of course, was in her crib!
Here we are at the airport today - waiting for dad to arrive. The kids made him signs yesterday. Gram/Gramps came over again to bring back the trike and gram helped me w the kids and the paint.
I don't have great pics of the airport, and this is the only one I have of Austynn's sign. I asked them last night what they wanted their signs to say - Austynn said "Happy Birthday, Daddy" - I thought that was cute! Carson said "Have a good interview!" and then this morning he informed me that he wanted it to say "Have a good flight" ;) Even Paislee painted!
Here is Austynn w another silly face :)
And the kids and daddy are together - going to get his suitcase. Yay, babe, we are happy to have you home!

















No comments:
Post a Comment