Carson came home Saturday morning about 9am. Mitch and I stayed up until 5a that morning trying to get the part of the closet and wall that was exposed to our room painted. Mitch had to caulk the closet and we had to clean the entire room. Our bed had been in our living room for a little over a week. This was fine with the 2 girls, who were not perfect and jumped on it some, but I did not have arguments or accidents. I knew that would all change when the 3rd arrived :) So, we diligently worked until our room was back together. I knew at some point in the night that the shop vac and us talking would wake the girls. It came about 2:30a. Austynn stayed up for at least hour, maybe longer, with us - we had a "party"! Why not! I also had to feed Pais, rock her, and give her some medicine. Anyway, we were all a little behind at the start of the weekend. Mitch was wonderful and took the kids out of the house for 4 hours Saturday morning! My plan was to get some sleep, but it didn't come, so I got up and cleaned, showered, and kept cleaning. It was great to get things cleaned, as it got dirty w the closet going in. However, I thought maybe I should call to see what Mitch was up to and offer some help :) Lu and Karen met him at the park. Lu came back and did some electrical work for us and Karen walked home with Mitch. I painted while the kids napped and Mitch worked outside. When the kids got up, Mitch loaded all 3 into Grandpa's van and took them to the dump with him :) They stayed at gram and gramp's for a bit before returning home. We had dinner, I put Paislee down and Mitch took C and A for a bike ride! After Austynn fell and scratched her head and nose, she went in the stroller and Carson road to the park :) Mitch put them down and we were done for Saturday! Mitch had to go catch up his work on Sunday am. The kids and I cleaned in the house and they did crafts. Paislee napped, but Carson and Austynn did not. Mitch got them at 2:30, when they were really tired, and took them all to the pool! Carson road his bike and the girls were in the stroller. They played 2 hours and Carson road his bike home. They got cookies and slurpees! I finished the painting!! We then loaded up to get groceries. Mitch had to go back to work and the kids and I came home. They ate while I unloaded the groceries. As you will see, it was not hard to get them to bed that night!
Carson requested that the bathroom light be left on. I turned it on and went out to the kitchen, when I remembered that I needed to give Austynn her medicine (she was sick last week), so I got it and went in to give it to her. She was still awake. I thought Carson was, too, bc it had not been 2 minutes. When I went to tell him goodnight again and sorry for coming in the room, I realized he was out! How he was laying cracked me up, so I had to take a picture! He zonked looking out at the hall and bathroom light! I guess this is what no nap, 3 miles of bike riding and 2 hours of swimming will do to a 4 year old :)- I didn't take one of Aust bc she was still stirring.

These next pictures are from tonight. Yesterday the kids all took good naps - Austynn napped at least 3 hours - catching up from Sunday! Today, however, the guys were here to work on our a/c and did not finish up until 3:00. At that point I was not in the mood to fight naps, so I decided that we would go to Home Depot and see about picking out carpet for the closet. Oh, that was fun! Three tired kids in a HD driving cart - genius! Sometimes you have to do it! We managed to get it picked out and somewhat setup - maybe next week for install - we will see!
We came home and had some cereal and tortillas and cheese for dinner! The kids wrestled with dad (who is super tired, as he went in to work at midnight last night to get his reports done that were due at 6 am! We are blessed to have a man who is focused on his family. He was with us all yesterday evening and we went swimming at the pool and played. I have no idea how he got up after 3 hours of sleep! He finished his reports at 5 and napped until 8 in his office :)). Carson and Austynn crashed again in a short amount of time, so I thought I would go take their pictures again...no naps does lead to easy bedtimes (but, I generally prefer the break!).
And then....there is Paislee Grace....oh my!
I rocked and sang to her twice - she napped all of 10-15mins in the car on the way to Home Depot - this baby is TIRED - however, it doesn't matter, she is going to put up a fight, bc that is true Paislee style. The 2nd time I went in to get her, she looked up and gave me a big kiss. It was sweet. She is basically asleep when I lay her down, but then wakes up and balls! Boy, she is a goer! Watch out for Paislee - I tell you - whew! I wasn't going to take her picture, but Mitch thought I should :) So, I did and then rocked her to basically sleep again - to no avail, the baby balled, again! She is quiet now - after an hour of fighting :) Can't you just see the feisty little spark in her eye? ;) Oh, how we love our beautiful, blond baby!
And, on the Paislee note, next time we go to the pool, I am taking the video camera so you can all witness Paislee in action! She takes on the water in true Paislee fashion - all out and with no fear! Mitch told me that when he took them on Sunday that she was in water up to her neck the entire time. That when the other kids splashed a little, she took both hands and whacked the water and laughed. I went last night, and sure enough, she walks out until it touches her lips and then she blows bubbles! When you put her in shallower water, she walks back out. When you try to hold her, she very assuredly tells you that she wants down! So, Mitch decided that he should take her on the water slide! At the end of the slide, when you are about to hit the water, the other kids get big eyes, as I am sure I do. Not Pais! She had a huge grin and thought it was great! Carson and her took turns. (Austynn went under a couple times with me and my mom and now she isn't so into the water slide :) She is just content chilling and do her own little thing - she liked to jump to me and do ring around the rosey in the water with me) When Mitch took Carson, Paislee hollered the entire time, wanting it to be her turn. When I put her down to go to Mitch, she ran! She would have done the water slide for 2 hours straight! Mitch did it with one kid or the other for at least 30 minutes! I have to get a video of her in action! And, I am not sure I can take all 3 solo any more. I will have to try a life jacket on her, as she stresses me out!
I FINALLY felt about in a "normal" place today, as I had a good rest last night and have the house somewhat picked up and back together. It sure felt nice!




Girl! I don't know how ya'll do it all?!! I am tired just reading this. I think I will take a nap :) You have such a lovely family, so treasured and cared for! Lots of hugs to ya'll from Texas!
ReplyDelete