Sunday, August 7, 2011

July 27th - August 7th

It took me awhile to recover from camping - laundry and lack of sleep :) We had a guy starting on our walk-in closet that following week, so we moved most our stuff out of our bedroom. He had the outside sided in in this picture, but still lots to do inside! Carson was up helping his dad and so happy!
 We have drop clothes down on the floor so we don't get them all dirty from our closet guy. Kids are playing play-doh, as I didn't have to worry too much about the floor. I thought maybe Pais could handle this, but she still wanted to eat it!
 After a bit, Pais eats the markers rather than coloring with them :) At least she is having fun!
 On Sunday, July 31st, Lu and Karen brought us a bike for Austynn and Mitch's West Point chests. We spent both Saturday and Sunday going through our huge mess of a garage and organizing all our stuff. We also used our busy street location for an impromptu garage sale and it worked!
 Last week was Mitch's close at work, so his busy week, but he still managed some trips to Home Depot to get supplies for the guy to finish up our closet. I spent the week, with just the girls, hunkered down in our house cranking through tons of cleaning, organizing, and then closet painting. Amazing what a different dynamic it is with just the girls :) There always seems to be more, but I was so happy with what I was able to get done! My grandparents came over one day and helped me get some curtains up in our family room, put together a shoe rack, and put the new mattresses that my parents gave us on the twin beds. whew!
 Grandma fixed Austynn's hair, so Austynn decided she would fix Grandma's! :) I am not sure you can see this in this small picture, but if you look down at Austynn's right big toe, it is colored. She decided that she should paint her toe nails with the water colors :) She is such the girl!!
 The girls did a LOT of coloring this week! It contained them while I was working. I have to share this wonderful and amazing site that Stacey shared with me! I spent a bunch of time this week going through the site and putting together 4 weeks worth of curriculum for the kids. This is such an AWESOME resource to be used in so many ways. If you have not heard of it, I totally recommend checking it out! Stace, I am very thankful that you shared it with me!! 

 One of Austynn's favorite things to do is walk around in my heels! She will be a pro when she gets older :) She will go in my closet and take them off my shoe rack, so she can wear them! Paislee was getting a lot of mileage out of the cup with the lid and straw!
 Here are all the kids this morning at their "work" table; while I try to catch up on the blog :)
Daddy has them all now - heading to the pool for some swimming! They walked and Carson is riding his bike! Thanks Grandpa and Mimi for the bikes! This is Carson's 3rd ride in 2 days. Pretty long ride from here to the pool, too! Austynn rode her bike last night and fell and scraped her nose :) Off to paint the closet!

No comments:

Post a Comment