Labor day weekend ... Dad and Mom came over on Saturday. I wasn't sure when we would be together again, so we made a cake for Nana's birthday. Didn't quite manage to have it done before they arrived, so we did it together!

Grandpa and Grandma brought over pizza. Can you beat pizza, cake and ice cream :)
Here is our Paislee playing outside last week. I think her clothes were off bc she got all wet playing in the water! She does love the water!
This was the 8th - before we headed out to get groceries. The hats don't generally stay on too long, so I had to snap a picture :) Boy was I relieved when dad showed up at the store and took the kids home to play! :)
On Sunday the 11th we headed up to the cabin for the day. The lake water is sooo high, that there is not a beach in front of the cabin. We drove around for awhile before we came to Simax beach, where it was perfect and we all enjoyed playing in the water. Aggghhh, so nice to get away for the day!
I brought a small ball for each of the kids and the football for Mitch and I - Paislee wanted her share of the football, though! You can tell she is "into" it all - true Paislee picture!
Mama gets in a shot w the kids :) Here is the completed sand castle. Carson had so much fun building it! It was cute to see. The red bucket in the background is what Austynn enjoyed filling with sand and water. Paislee...she was in the water with us and the football most the time! Carson was full of funny sayings on this trip. Too bad I can't remember them all - just getting so big and not a baby anymore! Mitch threw the football at him, in the water, and it splashed him (this was the goal) - instead of getting mad or doing it back, he said "nice, one dad!" :) Makes me laugh now! Mitch and I busted up!
The clouds were rolling in as we were heading out. They were so pretty here, with Carson's castle in the foreground.
Not a complete trip to the cabin w/o a popsicle! They all picked one out and enjoyed!
This makes me smile! Paislee is saying "cheese" here ;)
This is a great shot of where Austynn took the scissors to her hair (this would be time #2 - first time, not so bad). Such a bummer! She does really well with her cutting, so I want to let her, but guess I will have to keep a closer eye, eh? Always lots of other things to do when kids are doing working at the table!
Oh, now for the car ride. This should really show you personalities! The kid's had not napped and it was probably 5:00p, so they were tired. Austynn crashed right away...
And then there is Paislee and Carson, especially Paislee! Man, the babe is moving out of the middle, I tell you what! Her favorite 2 words right now are "MA-MAAAA, dis ... dis, ma-ma, dis ... MAAAA-MAAA!" Oh my, I think this picture is of the "mama". Mitch and I both held her little right leg down, as she would not stop sticking it over on Carson's side! Then when Carson leaned over to move her leg, she grabbed his ear and pulled it! Oh man, Mitch and I had to just crack up! Carson is ducking bc I was taking a picture ;)
Now Carson is covered and Paislee is saying "dis" (this) to her shoe. Shoe is another favorite word, but not on this ride! She was in rare form, as I think she was tired. Wow!
And now...we have Paislee! What is she doing? "Mama, dis" every time she reaches over, grabbing Austynn's ponytail. Then when I look, she laughs. She didn't really pull it, as I was watching her, but I did move baby Austynn's head up, so she was out of the reach of the Paislee :) Paislee baby is clearly very full of "it"!
We stopped at the A&W in Oakridge for dinner.
Nice! Carson wanted a picture of this. When we first got there, there wasn't anyone else in the restaurant.
And, daddy taught them a new trick w the straws - good one!
Finally, a picture of the big kids yesterday, after I put Pais down for her nap. This is our work table! And, with the help of the www.abcjlm.com, I have all kinds of papers and crafts for them to do! We did caterpillars on Saturday and butterflies yesterday :)





















love this!! so great to see your sweet family relaxing and having fun at the cabin! We LOVED the car pictures, and carson standing on his head :) That Paislee is a spit-fire, jsut like Carson! :) And Austy is so sweet. I jsut want to scoop her up! We are still praying for her and her colalr boone. So proud of you and the crafts with the kids! I knew you had some craftiness in ya! ;) This has been a crazy week. We are headed to teh beach (about 1.5 hrs away) for 3 days. Will fill ya in on our trips when we get back! Love, Stace
ReplyDelete