Thursday, September 29, 2011

Mt. Pisgah and Off the Waffle! 9.23,24.2011

On Friday, Mitch and I decided to take the kids on a "family date". The weather was beautiful, so we thought it might be neat to hike up Mt. Pisgah (Mitch and Carson did this a few months ago and Cars did pretty good, but Mitch had to carry him some). Got some pretty pictures and made for some good memories, but we decided we would wait until the kids were a bit older to attempt again! Carson agreed with this! The route we took was 1.4 miles up, and it was a good hike for me, so had to be a lot for the kids! Here is daddy carrying the girls, looking back at Carson and I :)
We spotted a little lizard not too far up the trail and it just stayed there while we watched it.
Here are the kids - already sweaty!
Lots of beautiful views and the sun was gorgeous as it was setting! It was just nearly dark by the time we got back to the car :)

This was the snag that Carson took pics of on Mitch's phone, so he wanted to be sure I took some of it!

This is as high as we made it - we did not get to the very top - we had to of been close, but the sun was going down and we wanted to see it. Plus, we had to get down the mountain after the sun went down! I had Mitch take a pic of Austynn and I. I had her on my shoulders toward the end and I was dripping sweat when we got to this spot! Mitch had Paislee on the front and Carson on his shoulders. We were seriously questioning what we were thinking at this point :)


On the way down, Pais started balling and getting mad that she was stuck and not walking! So, we let the babe out and she walked all the way down, holding my hand. I held both girl's hands down, as it was steep and the rock was loose. Didn't want Austynn to hurt her collar bone. This picture was funny. I asked Mitch if he saw Paislee's shoes (Nike's from my friend that she just started fitting). She heard me and said "shoe" and raised her foot up in the air. She is a riot! So, we were all showing daddy our shoes, so he could get a picture.
So happy with my family!
We bribed the kids w ice cream early in our adventure! So, here w are at McD's w all kinds of treats!

After Pais finished her ice cream cone, she downed most of this mocha frappe!
And then on Saturday, we woke up and headed to breakfast at Off the Waffle. Thought this pic was funny of Mitch - he was still waking :) But, I had to include it, as he took the kids like this solo a few weeks ago when I got my hair done. Carson got tired of riding, so he had his bike up on the stroller, Austynn sitting on the handle bars and Carson and Paislee in the seats. Can you imagine seeing that? Oh for a picture!
Waiting for breakfast
Our baby, getting so big!
And the 3 playing at the park before we headed home!

1 comment:

  1. GORGEOUS scenery! Ya'll truly do live in "God's Country!" Glad ya'll had a fun time! Love, Stace

    ReplyDelete