We woke up to a very unexpected surprise last Wednesday - about 6 inches of snow! I got up to change Paislee's diaper and thought it looked oddly bright outside, saw snow when I checked, but then went back to bed. When Mitch left, there was about 3", which is a lot for Eugene, and then a couple hours later there was 5 or 6 inches! It was crazy. It had been down pouring rain the previous day and that is what we were expecting more of, so the snow was AWESOME to see! It was borderline freezing, though, so I figured we had better get out in it, if we were going to, before we had rain again. When Paislee got up, we were all dressed and ready to head outside! It was awesome, we made 5 snowmen in a flash! The snow was so much fun! We finally got wet and cold and were ready to head inside. We made cupcakes, from a recipe that I found online - they were different and fun to try, but not going to win any Cupcake Wars! Mitch sent us an e-mail stating it was going to be boys vs girls snowball fight when he got home :) Ha! I am not playing that game w him, as I KNOW he will win! So, he got the kids outside for awhile when he got home. Mitch is like a little kid when it comes to the snow! (He was having snowball fights at work, too :) He tagged his boss in the head on Wed, so on Thursday Jason came in to Mitch's office and got him w snow on his head.) Mitch then made rice pudding for us for dessert. It was BIG day for us all, and we were all ready for bed by the end!
I stepped out to try to take pictures and Mitch was throwing snowballs at me, of course! :) Then, Austynn slowly walks down the hill with this snowball in her hand - carefully steps down the steps - gets this look in her eye as she approaches me - and throws the snowball at me! I LOVE IT!
Kids finding shelter from daddy's snowballs :)

























What a GREAT time!! So fun and beautiful!! Love the snow, love the cupcakes, love all the great photos and reading all the stories. Just wish we would have been there to partake in all teh snow!! Love to all! Aunt Stace :)
ReplyDelete