Sunday, May 1, 2011

Paislee turns One!

Here is a picture of our big birthday girl! Pretty little Paislee. She got this outfit from Mimi and Grandpa. I had to put it on her, so she at least looked the part of the birthday girl! Poor little baby didn't have such a special day :( She hasn't been feeling real good all week, so I have been a little concerned, but thought she would be ok. She threw up on Wed and had tummy trouble on Thursday. Then, crazy as it can be, I got totally sick Friday evening. Lu and Karen decided they would take Carson and Austynn to the motel bc I was sick and Mitch still needed to decorate the cake. Well, they didn't even make it to the room before Carson puked all over. Then again in the bathroom. Oh my!! So, Mitch had me sick, was trying to do a cake, and had to go get Carson bc he was sick. He came home with both kids, which was good bc Austynn got it in the night, too. She didn't quite "get-it", though, and never made it to the garbage. We had to change the sheets 3 times! Oh my, what a night. We had to cancel poor Paislee's party :( No one would have wanted to be around us.
Lu and Karen left their gifts, so she had a couple to open - I didn't know if we should save them or open them? We decided to let her open them :) She has to be a little like a bday girl!
 This is Paislee Thursday afternoon when we were making frosting for her cake - she thought it tasted yummy here!
 Here are some pictures of us after we got up from naps and when Paislee opened her first gift. She really liked her card and the gift receipt!
 Cars looks like he is feeling awesome, huh! What is with us?!
 Oh, yay, a smiling birthday girl!
 Her gift from us - I thought she needed a purse, to keep up with her big sis!
 Well, we gave her a candle in a piece of cake. She wasn't so sure about it! When I put it in front of her, she stuck her finger right in the fire and left it! I quickly blew it out and she was just fine!
 Not exactly the typical 1st bday cake! She will get her fancy cake when we celebrate her bday - maybe with Carson's in a few weeks?
 Here is our "party" :) 

 Pais liked the candle more than anything!
 Carson and Austynn both wanted a candle to blow out, too.
 Ohhh, now she found the frosting!
Happy Birthday, Pais! We love you. This past year has flown by. It is so fun to watch you grow and change - you are a fun, firey, sweet, energetic little babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment