Thankfully Mitch was able to run the race this morning! My sis and parents were all set to watch the kids while Mitch and I ran, but with getting sick, the plans all changed :( Mitch was a trooper and did the race solo, but getting there and figuring out the logistics weren't nearly as fun. Sorry! Kind of a weird bummer, too, to have trained and not actually to be able to do it. Oh well, we had fun watching daddy! The race started at 7 am, so Mitch was up having some cereal a little after 5:00. We all went to bed super early last night, so the kids woke up early, too. I didn't plan anything for watching Mitch, as I didn't know how the morning would go, so we just went for it this morning! Here is a picture of Mitch before the kids got up :)
And, here is a picture of daddy with his big kids, who were so excited to get a picture with dad and who very much wanted to go watch daddy run!!
So, though it was 5:50am, we got signs ready, got dressed, took snacks and headed out to see dad!
We drove a bit down the street, parked, and walked to where we could see dad. Carson walked part of the way by me (much easier than pushing 2 and 1 on the front!). Thankfully the race went very close to our house, so we didn't have far to go.
We were the first ones to this spot. Here is daddy's motley cheering crew! Daddy loved it :) Lots more people stopped to watch here and they even had a Jeep with some music playing from some speakers.
After we cheered and I showed the kids daddy, all I could catch was the backside of Mitch for the picture. He was running great! He finished in 1hr 31min 57sec. His 10m pace was 6:55 and overall pace was 7:02. AWESOME!!! We are so proud of you, dad!
We then walked back to the car - loaded up - ran threw the McD's drive-thru for kids drinks and headed toward the finish. I wasn't totally sure where I could go, so I headed down Franklin - went to the cones, turned around and parked way away. I knew I was so close to when Mitch would be finishing...agghhh! Loaded the kids up - Pais on the front and tried to run to where we would see him. Ugghh. We missed! By probably 2-5 minutes. Come on! I think I may have seen him as we were hurrying there - looked like his stride. Trying to meet up after the race is a joke and Mitch didn't know we were there. So, I knew he would get his stuff and head home. I thought he would beat us. Well, 2 hours later, we still didn't know where daddy was. He didn't have his cell phone and they lost his keys! He walked home while we were looking for him. We were all happy when we found each other! We decided to take the kids for a walk bc it is beautiful outside! We didn't make it too far when Carson said he was tired and he didn't want to go to the park (what?). So, we headed home. Austynn and Pais had some lunch and Carson said he just wanted to go to bed (this might be a first). Poor boy woke up a bit ago with a temp of 102. Hopefully we will all get healthy SOOOON!
Go Mitch!







No comments:
Post a Comment