How cute is this apron? There is a man at the gym, who has 3 grown kids and teen aged grandkids. He is always so sweet as I go into the gym with the 3 kiddos. One day he asked my friend and I if we would be interested in aprons for our kids. It was such an awesome blessing, as just the day before I was thinking that I needed to get one for Paislee, as she didn't have one. So, of course, I said YES I would LOVE one! Not too long after that, he brought in a bag, with an apron all wrapped in tissue paper, an adorable bow wrapped around the tissue paper, a sweet note, and a Mary Englebreit cookie cookbook. How awesome, huh! I was so touched at her amazing generosity especially for someone she hadn't met. I took them some of the peanut butter cookies that we made - a recipe from the cookbook. Then a couple days later, she surprised me with a matching apron for Austynn! And, I think she is even going to make a matching one for me! Amazing! I am so touched and thankful for special people like this!
Carson was really wanting to make gingerbread man cookies! We made some peanut butter chocolate chip ones before they went with Papa and Nana, but that just didn't satisfy his gingerbread man desire :) (I guess he got this from reading the Gingerbread Man book.) I told him if he took a good nap that we could make them when he got up. He did, so we made sugar cookies, and used a gingerbread man cut out ;) He was telling me he was going to be the clever fox and eat the gingerbread man :)
The BEST part of cookie making - the batter! :)
Yummy!!
We got through most the cookie making action before Miss Tynn woke up ... she is still a bit sleepy in this picture ;)
Now she is waking up - she has her purse and her backpack :) Adorable aprons, huh!
The kids were playing and I walked into the kitchen and found all these chemicals and garbage bags out and on the floor - courtesy of Paislee. Geeze, have to always be watching!
Here are a few pictures of the kids playing while I made dinner. They found Paislee's shoe drawer, which has quite a few of all sizes bc I have saved some of Carson's and Austynn's.
Just a picture of the kids in action!
We got the best surprise of all Thursday night - daddy told us he took Friday off! So, we got to enjoy a 3 day weekend with dad!!!










How truly sweet!! To me, when I read this "random act of kindess," I thought..that is Jesus love! Go glad they blessed ya'll with this! The aprons are ADORABLE!! I hope you get one, too! That would be too sweet!
ReplyDelete