Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hwy 101

Mitch and I had a nice little vacation down Hwy 101 the middle of July. We had Paislee, while each grandparent took one of our kids (THANKS!!). It is just so nice to have some unplanned time together to relax and rejuvenate! Here are a couple pictures from our first evening.

The second day we stopped and checked out lots of neat Redwoods. They are huge and amazing trees! I love this picture of Mitch :)
This is how Paislee rode a large majority of the time! It really wasn't very warm - upper 60s most the time!
We stopped at random places as we drove to have a bite to eat (and feed the baby!)
This is an example of one of the large Redwood trees!
We went down the hwy as far as San Fran
Last time we were there we ate at Joe's Crab Shack...I was pregnant and not motivated to eat crab. I told Mitch he could get a big crap pot, though, this time! I was ready. We had just had crab louie at the coast w my parents and the crab was good, so I thought that I could maybe handle it...wrong!
Here is the crab pot! It all tasted like that nasty, fishy, gross smell (even the corn!) Mitch ate a lot of it, but the memory might give him the heaves :)
We stayed 2 nights in this little motel
We walked across the Golden Gate Bridge (I didn't realize you could do this, but there were tons of people out!)
This is from the bridge, looking back on a little town on the North side of the bridge, Sausilito. We spent some time there. It was cute, but very fancy.
My handsome hubby! Thanks for a nice time away! I so enjoy our time together!

No comments:

Post a Comment