Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Swimming Lessons

Cars man completed his 1st day of swimming lessons without a hitch! I hadn't talked too much about them during the day, as it seemed he wasn't too excited about them whenever I brought it up. So, Mitch got home and talked to him and got him all excited - it was great! We headed out as soon as Mitch got home. Here is Mitch with the kids before Cars' lesson.
He was so excited to be in the water! The instructor was fabulous ,"Miss Molly". They have a 2ft pool, so the kids could stand. It was great.
Poor Tynn was none too happy when she didn't get to get in! We told the kids that we would bring them both to the pool some weekend. Carson really wanted to go down the slide.
It is fun to see him learning more about the water. Funny, though, he HATES getting water in his eyes and always wants me to wipe them! So, he had to dunk his head and then she taught them to shake their heads to dry it. He said, "mommy, wipe my eyes!" a few times :) Then he realized I was not there to assist :)
The funny thing was, that I forgot a towel! Sweet!! Thank heavens for the burp cloth :) Maybe he can have a towel next time! Then I didn't have a diaper for Austynn who was all wet. So, the mom of another kid in the class had a 7m old and a diaper that worked for Austynn! Her son was really hungry, so he had a 1/4 of the pbj I made for our kids. :)

2 comments:

  1. gotta love all the moms banding together! Z and I just went to the lake in town yesterday - so many people there with their kiddos and all toys were a free-for-all as long as you broght them back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cristi.n! Your blog totally made me cry. I love the way you honor your family, you are such a good wife and mom. Love you guys, Beth

    ReplyDelete