Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Carson's Party Weekend

My Papa came by on Saturday to meet Miss Paislee, his new great-grand daughter :)
Auntie Ashley also came over on Saturday to see the kids and wish Cars a Happy B-Day! Thanks Ash!
Saturday night - here I am putting the main frosting on - Mitch details it and creates the cake. I make them and frost them :)
Mitch showing Carson his cake for the 1st time - he requested a "police truck". Mitch had it cut out to perfection (3 different flavors) and I made the frosting toooooo runny! We are going to have to experiment w different kinds of icing, especially w tall cakes like this! So, the frosting that Mitch detailed with ran. Mitch and I got a good laugh when he first started, as the front was saggin' a bit :) Mitch told Cars the cake was "marginal", so when people asked Carson how the cake turned out he replied "marginal". When they said that it was good, he said, "no, marginal" :) What daddy says goes!
Cars loved the cake! I thought it was fabulous!
Our families at Baja Fresh, after church and before the party - yum!!
Miss Pais sleeping while we ate!
Austy Faith
Thanks, Lu, for the pictures!!
Sweet style, babe!
Yeah! Cake time!! Good job with the candle, Cars!
Dig in! Using the new construction silverware and plate from Papa and Nana - how fun!!
Sweet! His new summer, water toy from Mimi and Grandpa!
Nana showing Carson his baby book - we were comparing his pictures to Paislee.
Mimi showing Austynn her baby book :)
Some Paislee time
Grandpa is always good w the babies!
This is our attempt at a shot with all the kids! I think it is great. You should have seen some of the others! We all got a good laugh at the "real" pictures! Thankfully we have digital photography now :)
Here is a "real" one of the sisters in their matching outfits. Kind of fun to have matching outfits!
Carson wanted to hold Paislee the next morning :)

2 comments:

  1. love all the photos! Oh, what a fun weekend for Cars! And the cake turned out awesome! I mean who could have cut a cake like that other than Mitch? Good job, Daddio! I know Carson loved it. Mike and I had a good laugh about Carson's "marginal" comment! What a little character! Paislee and Austynn look beautiful and I love their matching outfits! So fun! Thanks for sharing. Love-S and the gang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful family! I'm amazed at your cake expertise!! Way to go Fransens!

    ReplyDelete