Happy Father's Day! What a wonderful day and weekend we were able to enjoy! On Saturday, after the kid's naps, Mitch watched the kids while I shopped at Old Navy and Ross (my two favorite places!!). It was a LONG shopping trip, too! Mitch strolled the kids, in the Old Navy cart, to Trader Joe's, around the store, and then to the gas station for pop! They got all kinds of goodies from dad and I got a really big diet pepsi! Yum. Then we took the kids to Skinner Butte park to play and got them a bean burrito from Taco Bell for dinner.
Sundays are always a bit of a rush, trying to get the family ready, fed (esp the baby), and get to church by 10:00. This morning Dutch Bros had free coffee for all dad's. It was about 9:30 and I needed to finish feeding Paislee and get myself dressed, so Mitch took C and A to get "his" free coffee. It was actually for me - my fav - a large soy latte! Yummy!! However, it took a little longer than expected. He came back to get me at about 10:10, so we were a little tardy to church :) After church we went by Old Navy again for a couple more deals and then to our favorite, Chipotle for lunch! We then took the kiddos back to Skinner Butte park and let them run and play. They went right down for naps when we got home...oh, I guess we stopped by Dutch Bros again and got an iced, flavored coffee for Mitch! He shared with the kids before their naps ;) ... now to the pictures: This is at the table, before they headed to Dutch Bros. Carson was excited to give Mitch his Father's day gift. Pretty cute! Oh, he wanted to sing to Mitch b/c it was a "party", so we sang "Happy Father's Day to you...".
We made a picture with a neat poem on it and all the kids prints!
While the kids were down for a nap, I went to get a tan, and this is what I came home to!! Mitch vacuumed and cleaned all the floors!!! Oh, yeah, they needed it bad! He also emptied the dishwasher and loaded it. Nice treat!!
Cars wanted on Mitch's back as soon as he woke up!
Pretty cute! Daddy double duty!
Daddy with his kiddos! We were waiting for the rain to stop, so we could take the kids to the park and go for a walk. It finally did, so we got out! It was chilly, though (low 60s in June - crazy!)
Such a handsome, proud dad!
After dinner, our dessert was to make smores in our fire pit. However, since it was cold and wet, we changed our plans and broiled them in the oven. I hadn't ever tried it, but it worked really good!
They got a little done, but were good!
Carson and Austynn didn't like the change in their marshmellows, as you can tell :)
This picture is from Thursday night - game 7 of the NBA championship. Celtics vs Lakers. Would have been much better had the Celtics finished it off!!!! I love that Mitch is teaching Paislee, young to love basketball!!
Happy Father's Day, babe! The kids are so blessed to have such a wonderful man as their father! I love watching you interact with and teach them! Thanks for loving us!













Yeah! What a fabulous weekend you all had! SO great to get some family time, huh! I love reading about all the memories ya'll are making! It makes me feel a little closer to ya'll across the miles. BTW, yeah for the lattes!! Can't wait to see ya'll Friday! Love-Stace and the Gang
ReplyDelete