Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Aggghhh, the beach! 4.15.2012

After church on Sunday we decided it would be nice to have a little get away, so we headed to the coast! We came home, packed a lunch, and ate it on the way. It wasn't totally warm, but felt so good to go! We often just walk on the water front when we go, so I didn't bring any extra clothes for the kids. Florence is pretty windy, so in the past we have not lasted very long on the beach. Oh, not the case this time - wind, cold weather, no problem for these 3 kids! They wanted in the water and sand!! Why not let them play!?! So we did :)
 As you can see, the beach, esp at the entrance, was covered w shells/wood/etc - Paislee would not walk bc she couldn't walk around it. She is probably the only kid that completely freaks out when she sees anything that looks like a bug!
 Immediately into the water! Notice the heavy coats :)


 Oh man, Pais fell in the water, and we had just gotten there!! Mitch and I were not prepared for them getting all wet. Now we know they are getting older - the cold weather does not phase them :)
 Happy again!


We kind of felt bad bc it was so cold, so we headed toward the car. There are a lot of dunes on the way back, so the kids really had fun climbing up them and running/sliding down them - the sand was dry and it was warmer bc the dunes blocked the wind - we let them play here for a long time. Then we decided that if we wanted to walk on the water front, we would have to get them something to wear! So, I ran in Fred Meyer and got them something to change into :)




 I had fun with some feet shots :)


 Love the wet pants, covered in sand, of the kids and Paislee's white/red little baby legs :)!
After they got dressed and were warmed up, we had dinner at Abby's. The kids were pretend playing here, as we waited for the pizza.
 Since Paislee's coat was wet, we had to adjust a little. Austynn wore Carson's coat and her shawl as one coat was too cold!

 Man, the light was great and it was so beautiful - I wanted to take pictures, but the family didn't agree :)- Here is Cars giving me one pose!
 And...what is a trip to the coast without ice cream? Yummy!! Kids all had rainbow sherbet. Mitch had chocolate peanut butter, and I went with Pralines and Cream - mmmm!
 A cute one of Austy dancing to the music :)
Oh, so nice to get away!! The grey skies and rain have had more of an affect on me this year than ever before. Praise the Lord the kids are outside and we had dinner out there tonight. It is still grey and rained today, but at least this is progress! I have never really understood the seasonal disorder, but am getting it right now :( I go stir crazy with the kids, stuck in the house. Anyway, the forecast is calling for nicer weather, so let's pray it is accurate!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE these!! ANd I love impromptu outings! Great photos. I keep looking at them over and over. The Oregon Coast is so beautiful, so different from our flat Texas Coast. Can't wait to go this summer. Love to all! I am runing late and it's a school morning. What else is new?!! OH well :) Lots of love to you all from Texas!

    ReplyDelete