Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Enjoying our time...

Kiddos were up at 5:00 am our first morning together :) We all kind of thought this would happen - amazingly, though, they were only up this early the first day. And, they slept so great all night, so no complaints! The four oldest thoroughly enjoyed sharing a room, complete with bunk beds!! There was a bed for Pais, and I debated, but after tent camping w her a couple weeks earlier, I knew she needed her crib in her own room :)- Next year, Pais!
The house was very spacious and we all enjoyed our own rooms for sleeping! And, I think we all slept well! I enjoyed a couple relaxed naps in the afternoons, after waking up early and going to bed late!
This first morning we had waffles, with the batter Mitch and the kids made at home. We then checked out the tide pools in Newport, and enjoyed seeing lots of sea creatures! After lunch and naps, all went to enjoy a perfect day on the beach. Austynn and Paislee were still crashed, so I got to enjoy some quiet time and prepare some food. Quiet time always feels good, esp when no house chores are calling! We were finally ready to head to the beach, but were met by the crew as they came back, so we went back to the house and had dinner!
We did pictures this second evening, as we heard rain could be in the forecast, and it was! We had a lovely night for pictures! After pictures, we enjoyed the fire pit by making yummy smores! Lu and Karen celebrated 40 years of marriage, quite an accomplishment!, a few weeks prior, so we gave them a little gift. Lovely day!























Uh-oh, Grandpa caught his on fire! ... Paislee hid out in the corner and ate a ton of chocolate bar! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment