Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February 27th and 29th, 2012

On Monday I got the brilliant idea that maybe the kids could run with me a little bit. I thought maybe we could just trade off between big kids and Pais could run when we got to the path ;) Ok, they are still just 3 and 4! They were little troopers, though. Austynn was the first one to run a few blocks with me and she did great! By the time we made it to the path, they were tired of running! But, the path brings grass, sticks, pine cones, and lots of other exciting items to find, including puddles and mud! Thankfully, I figured out how to put all 3 in the stroller and run/walk with it! I tried to bribe them into doing good, with a hot chocolate, so toward the end of the trip, they got a hot chocolate. (I am just feeling in a funk w the gym, so I am trying to figure out some new ways to exercise - this is not at the top of my list to try again - esp when it is in the 40s!) :)

We met Mitch at the park, by his work, on Monday afternoon. On our way home the topic of hunting came up. We were talking about wanting to see deer and hunting for them. Carson was asking how to hunt, and then saying he would "squirt" the deer. Austynn piped in that she didn't want to, that she just wanted to look at them bc they are pretty. Carson then informed her, "Aust, you can look at them and see how pretty they are right before I squirt them!" It was so funny! Not sure where he came up with "squirt", but that is his word for "shoot".
We woke up to a bit of snow on the ground this am and more snow falling. Carson knew just what to get on to get outside, so he quickly did this and I let him outside! Paislee went and got her outside stuff (kind of), but didn't have it on. She wasn't too happy to see C head outside before her! Austynn was wise and didn't want to get cold, so she stayed in with me and did her thing. Pais came in, while Carson kept playing. Finally, Carson had enough, and came in, too. It was cold, but so good for them to get outside!






 I love seeing Carson in his element like this! He just loves being outside and can self entertain for quite some time! This pic is through the window, as I saw him sitting so cute, just taking it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment