This is post is really just a journaling of our day today. (Stacey did this last week, and I really liked it)
Anyway, I am sitting down now and trying to take a deep breath. Just got Austynn to bed! Mitch and Carson are returning g/g's trailer and picking up our car. (We got some more dirt today for the front yard - Mitch is doing great and it is looking very nice!).
Our morning started out nice and early (even w the time change) with Carson waking up ready for cartoons (we weren't!). Then the poor little guy (this will make you sad!) just kept crying and crying this morning bc he did not want to go to church. Anyone who knows Carson realizes that this is not normal for him at all! He changed classes in January and hasn't loved going since then, but usually he only acts out a little when we are going to go in and we can easily calm him down. We just were not comfortable with the way he was acting this morning, so were trying to ask him questions to find out why he didn't want to go. (Hard b/c you don't want to put things in his mind either) Finally I think we got it narrowed down to it being another kid. I asked him what happened and he said he didn't want to tell me. (poor thing!) I asked a few things and he finally said the kid bit him. I do not know if this is what happened or not, but clearly something did. So, when we got to church, I went and talked to the 3 ladies watching his class (the lady who oversees the volunteers was there, too) and said I didn't want to be an overbearing parent (we are ok w scrapes and bruises that are caused from playing, as we want them to be tough, but this was different), but my kid has cried for over an hour, knowing he had to go to church and that this is very unlike him. So, would they please just keep an eye out to be sure all is well. They said they would and he cried a few minutes when we dropped him off and then we didn't hear him (we were next door w Austynn's class - toddlers). When we picked him up he was so happy and excited that his Sunday School went well. Then he told us he did good, he was nice, and no one was mean to him. He said this so many times. Mitch and my hearts broke! Mitch decided he needed an M&M frosty from Wendy's bc he did so good - he loves these! Man, the instinct of a parent to protect is CRAZY! You don't want their soft little hearts broken, but you can't protect them from everything. We tried to make it clear that he needed to tell us if anything ever happened! At least we now know to really watch his class. The lady in charge told us to keep her informed, too, and that there were a couple "bully" kids in that class.
That was the beginning... Mitch and I were watching the toddler's (we usually do the nursery, but recently changed) - I will take the nursery! :) There were a couple other girls helping, but those kids keep you moving!! That was a side note to say that I did a TERRIBLE thing. I can't believe I did it and I never thought it would happen to me!!! This couple brought their little daughter in to the class and I asked her when she was due...yep, nice...she wasn't! Mitch listened and decided for that moment he did not know me! I wanted to disappear! I told her I was so sorry, but didn't want to drag it on, so tried to just leave it alone, but I felt so terrible! My goodness!! Come on, Cristin! I will not ask that question again - regardless...well, maybe :)
This afternoon was good with long naps and Mitch and I both able to get stuff done - boy does that feel good!
Then, Mitch decides that we need to go to the park that is the furthest from our house (3 miles one way), but the kids do love this park! I am thinking this is pretty far for me, in my current state, but I can't be a pansy! My goodness, on our way home I was begging Mitch to run home with the kids and come back and pick me up! I was walking SOOOO slow. It really was pathetic. But, now I am not sure I can walk at all! We decided we better not do that again or we might have a baby sooner than we thought! Thankfully the kids did enjoy playing there! However, the kids were sweet on the walk to the park - Carson got to eat his M&M frosty (he wasn't too hungry for it earlier) and he would take a bite and then he would get a little bite and give it to Austynn and the pattern continued until they ate 1/2 of it and were full :)
On the walk home, Carson sees a guy working in his yard, across the street, and points and calls him Mr. Rogers (Mitch found this pretty funny). What? He kept saying it, though Mitch told him pointing was not nice. Where do they come up w these things? Mr. Rogers is hardly ever on and if it is, he isn't barely watches it. Since he was saying it so many times, Mitch told him to say it 5 times fast. So he tried, but did it just 4 times...then he had to try again. It was rather funny. (Funnier than the dandilion that he stuck up his nose, that we thankfully pulled out...and the dandilion that Austynn ate part of!)
Well, the boys came home from g/g's bringing nice, warm brownies - thanks gram! So, we sat down and enjoyed a brownie and glass of milk. That was a nice way to end the day! I took a picture, bc Mitch likes his mug of milk to dip his brownie in, so Carson got to be a big boy tonight and have his own mug of milk!
Carson is now asleep, too. Mitch is outside with his light trying to finish up the front yard (all except my garden area will be done). And I am going to do a few pictures and head to bed! Good night!


we all have those days, don't we?!! I am sure you are glad this one was over. Hope you are having a good week! Love-Stace
ReplyDelete