This post is a lot just for me to document what we have been up to. On Saturday my friend, Jenni, invited us to the PreClassic track meet at Hayward field. It was great! I haven't been to a track meet here. It shocked me! The stands were completely full and all the people around us knew track. Crazy! I can see why this really is track town USA. Jen said their meets are pretty full, too. There were national and international athletes at this meet - some Olympic metal winners. It is only about a 3 hour meet, so lots of exciting stuff really fast. We only stayed a little over an hour, as the kids didn't love to just sit and watch :) It was great, though, to show them the different events. Carson was asking lots of questions. We got to see the pole vault, high jump, long jump, javelin, running, and hurdles. Pretty good in an hour! The first line-marker for the women's javelin was 180! We saw some go over the 200 mark. Crazy!
Sunday afternoon Mitch took Carson and Austynn fishing. They are wearing their "fishing" hats. However, Carson declared that he didn't want to wear his "fishing" hat - he wanted to wear his "trout fishing hat"! That is what this one is ;) They have daddy's fishing hat, too. Mitch said they didn't fish long as it was busy with a party, so he took them to the fish hatchery where they fed the fish and got to see a sturgeon. They enjoyed this!

My break for the week is grocery shopping, and Pais has been my partner the past few weeks. It is fun to have some time with her. My goodness, Paislee Grace, she is just at such a FUN age! I could just eat her up right now :) She is so much fun and totally miss personality! She is kind of becoming a little more attached to mom, which I find cute :) She goes and goes, though. I was wondering how I was going to get the groceries in the house with her in tow and Mitch gone. I let the dogs outside when I got home and Paislee quickly followed them, so she played on the deck while I brought the groceries in. I think she was really enjoying playing with all the toys solo :)- Here she is getting into the grocery sacks (and my empty diet pop) while I tried to get some other things done before the kids got home.
I had to take a picture before I fixed this, as this is totally our Paislee Pie. I was putting groceries away and talking to Paislee. It sounded like she was further away than what I thought possible and I couldn't see her when I peeked over the counter. I couldn't quite tell where she was. When I went around the corner, I busted up! Look at the screen door on the ground...yes, she pushed her little ole self right through it - no big deal - and was just playing like any other time! Really, Pais? I just had to LAUGH, put the screen back on, and then shut the side doors and open the big one.
Here she found the lid off of daddy's frappe from Friday night (that I spilled!) - she has chocolate on her face and is so proud of herself for her find!
I got these popsicle things at the store and froze some OJ in them. The kids were all excited to have one!
The kids were loving their olives for dinner!
Here are the kiddos today. I found this hat for Austynn for $2.50 at The Children's Place. And, got some steals on a few solid undershirts. So hard to find plain shirts to use for layering!
Paislee left this hat on all of a few minutes (and this is bc I strapped it!). It is a cute one from her cousins!
And, our wall is taking a little bit of shape. I am finally seeing a little of Alan's (stone mason) vision.










What fun! Oh, love seeing the updates of my nieces and nephew. They are so cute and so different! Love hearing of their personalities and that Paislee! She IS a fireball! Yeah for csome "sorta solo-time" at the grocery store! I look forward to these moments, too! ha! Love, Stace
ReplyDelete