Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas time!

We had a great time spending Christmas in Central Oregon at Papa and Nana's! This is the gingerbread house project :) We had no idea how difficult it would be to put all the pieces together! We had to put all the pieces together, wait a few hours, and then decorate...
Austynn went over to the tree and surrounding decorations and found 3 (as many as she could carry!) ornaments and then walked over for us all to see what she had been getting into :) I tried to take a quick picture, as it was funny, but I didn't want her to fall and have it broken in her mouth!
Now we are to the fun part - decorating! As you can see, Mitch and I had one side that had a few boo-boos! I don't think I got a picture of our finished products :( Cars was enjoying eating the candy as Nana decorated!
Papa and Nana took the kids to the fire station on Christmas eve (all pictures are on Nana's camera, and I don't have them, but they got some cute ones!). I guess they got to see an ambulance, too. They were going to let Carson turn the sirens on himself, but the loud noises scared him :) It is really neat they allow the kids to do this!
Austynn playing the recorder :)
Carson out running with uncle Timmy and his puppy, Lola. He got a new flashlight in his stocking...I looked out once and they had gone out in the yard...all I could see was his flashlight bobbing up and down :)
Christmas morning - we were motivated and got up and showered and got dressed.


Opening the first gift on Christmas!
Such a great dad! I think these 2 look alike!
Carson was so hungry (we opened some gifts and then waited for people to arrive), that he just sat down in his chair. It was awesome having him really hungry, though, as we had his full attention at the table all breakfast. Papa made pancakes (small ones for Cars - he loves these!). He had already had 2 or 3 and Aunt Ashley challenged him to a pancake eating race. Oh, he stuffed it in his mouth and ate it (I think the first one anyway). It was hilarious! I wasn't sure if he would know "race", oh but the boy has a strong competitive drive already :)
This vest is from Auntie Ashley and Uncle Ryan (thanks so much!) - so funny, Austynn has loved it from the first time she saw it. She wears it all the time and is always so excited when she sees it. She carried it around for a long time on Christmas morning.
The kids had soooo much fun! Carson is wearing the apron that Uncle Timmy and Aunt Jackie got him, as they know he loves to cook. It was great - they got him a little rolling pin, tablespoons, cookie scoop, measuring cup, car cupcake tin (we made some today! so cute!). He was SOOO excited to open all the stuff and knew what most all of it was (to the amusement of all of us!). Cute apron, huh! Austynn got a girlie one. Thanks guys!
Family photo (w Lola) :)
We celebrated with my grandparents on the 27th. Grandpa and grandma joined us at the "kids" table this year. Lots of good food and fun!
Cars and Aust got this kitchen from great-grandpa and grandma. They love it! Thanks!
Thanks to everyone for such a special Christmas. It is amazing how blessed we are with material things! Man, we have so much to be thankful for!!

1 comment:

  1. Loved all the pictures!! Looks like ya'll had such a good time being together! My niece and nephew sure are CUTE! They are getting so big! BTW, you look great, Cristin! #3 is treating you well! Glad ya'll had a wonderful holiday. Thanks for sharing. Stacey

    ReplyDelete