Mitch and I had a fun weekend with the kiddos. He heard about 2 parades, both on Saturday, for us to go to, so we did it ;) I haven't ever been to a Christmas parade, but we had fun. The first one was in Springfield, right by Mitch's work. It left a little to be desired, but we had fun! Lots of bundling up, as it hasn't gotten above 35 for quite a few days. Not above the 20s today, and beautifully clear - reminds me of Denver (but Denver is -4 w some snow right now :)).



This was just about the best the parade had :) Cars saw this picture and said, "Oh, look, mommy, a hummer...pulling a trailer" funny. He has a hummer that has an attached trailer, but not as sweet as this one.
Oh, they didn't throw any candy - had to bring it to the kids - lame! Some was left on the side, so Cars got down to pick it up :)
Love this picture that Mitch took of Cars! He was spinning in circles and Mitch caught him.
This ark was cute, too.
A semi-truck was honking "jingle bells" and it was scaring Carson, so he hid by Mitch :)
This is our night time parade in Harrisburg. We first had dinner at a yummy little Mexican restaurant! Then we got some hot chocolate before watching the parade. Yummy!

Cars started out in the stroller, but they threw candy at this parade, so he had to quickly get out!
Never been to a light parade, but LOVED it!


Yes, we were anticipating more candy! Mitch thought it funny that I enjoyed getting the candy probably more than Cars, but he is my son and was into it, too! 


Ok, parade fun over...dad back at work...so keeping ourselves busy by cooking some. We did chocolates on pretzels - yummy and easy! Kids enjoyed it.
Oh, Carson is addicted to his Christmas cookie cutters right now - they go almost everywhere he goes! He asks to make cookies nearly every day and has a book w Christmas cookies in it - this is the only page it is ever open to :)
Austynn was loving the pretzel! We had some while the chocolate was still warm and gooey.
She put the entire thing in her mouth :)
Cars is helping w the carrots - he ate lots, too :)
Here he is in his big-boy sweatshirt before he went outside to play :)
Pretty fancy!
Love to everyone! I do have a question - does anyone know of any "special" way to print these posts? I am thinking just on the computer, but wanted to see if anyone knew any other way. It just seems so easy to print as I post, to keep up w the "family" pictures that I never do any more. Let me know if you have any thoughts! Thanks.
Hey there!
ReplyDeleteLove all the photos and hearing of ya'lls adventures. Looks like such fun!! Blog books...have you ever heard of these? My friend is doing it...turning her blog into a "book," with some company online. I know she has to transfer a lot of stuff to their format, but says it will be her "scrapbook." Dont' know much of the details, but sounds pretty neat!
Love, Stace
\\
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but I posted a question about printing from your blog on one of the forums and have not heard anything back yet.
ReplyDeleteThe light parade looks like it was fun :) Hugs to you all