Christmas is sure getting fun! The kids got a special book from Mimi, with her voice recorded on it on Christmas Eve, and then we had a Happy Birthday Jesus party! Kids went to bed early. Mitch, Karen and I stayed up pretty late on Christmas Eve. I think we were probably as or more excited than the kids! Carson woke up the earliest, at 6:45, which is pretty good for him! He went out to cuddle with Mimi while we waited for the girls to wake. Austynn is always so good and waits for the bunny to wake up on her clock. Pais was up shortly after 7. We got the coffee started, couch moved, and were finally ready for stockings! The kids we cute and very patient! They wanted a chocolate Santa from their stockings before they opened gifts. Such a special time!
Mimi and daddy checking out the bookmarks the kids made them ... I had the kids make me some, too, because I love that stuff ;)
Carson Paul, you have the kindest heart! You made dot to dots and put them in the bags for the girls, put tissue paper on them, and then made them a card. You had a card made for each of us, and an extra little love note in each card. We loved it! You also made us some amazing ornaments at school! You had them wrapped perfectly! We treasure these gifts more than you know!
Ha! I love this smile! Mitch was surprised by a gift from me. After watching a Christmas movie about the husband and wife each selling their prized possession for a gift for the other's prized possession, I said "What, you didn't sell your car?" to which I was rewarded w this smile :)
What was the Christmas gift? Boxing gloves!! There is the cutest picture of Mitch and Mike, probably not too much older than Carson (not sure if Mitch would be any older), and they are boxing. The look on Mitch's face when he was boxing Mike, is about the look he has below ;) We decided that Carson is rough! Man, can the boy rough house! I can't do it, but Mitch just takes it and lets him have it!! So, they needed these gloves! The girls never want to be left out, so they are for them, as well!
After presents we indulged in a waffle, egg, and bacon breakfast! Cleaned up some, and went for a long walk. Grandpa and Grandma came over when we got home and had dinner with us. I should have been better w pictures, but was working on some twice baked potatoes. Mitch made his Christmas steak recipe - yum! And Karen chopped the salad. It tasted good and was a bit more enjoyable after P and C took a break in their rooms ;)-
Gramps showed off his yo-yo skills, with Carson's new yo-yo.
Carson and Austynn got to have quiet time together today and enjoyed playing with a couple new toys. Carson is all Army these past two days, as he got Army gear from Mimi for Christmas, in honor of Grandpa. He loves it!


















Awww, I love this!! I wish we could have been there! Loved seeing all the paper ripped and torn everywhere! Christmas is so magical. Thank you, Jesus, for your birth! So glad you had a wonderful time. It looked fun and very relaxing. Always more relaxing when at home with the kids for the holidays, huh! Love and hugs to y'all!!
ReplyDelete