Grandpa and Mimi joined us at our house this Christmas! They always stay at a motel when they are here and are gracious to take a kid (or 2) to stay the nights with them. Last time the big kids got to go (though Austynn changed her mind after midnight - nice :)) and Paislee was NOT very happy about being left out! So, this time it was Paislee's turn to enjoy the motel. Unfortunately she didn't sleep real awesome, so not sure Mimi had a very good night's rest :( We know she enjoyed her time and being a "big" kid, though!
Mitch's gift to his parents was to take them each, individually, out for a meal to have some personal time with both. He took Karen out for breakfast and then they enjoyed a walk. (I think maybe a picture was taken w a cell phone, but not saved :)) Then for lunch he took Lu to an all you can eat Chinese Buffet! I knew I could count on Lu for a couple pictures! The funniest story was when they got home, Lu informed us that he taught Mitch a little something during their time together ... when it came to getting the ice cream, Lu went back to the buffet line and found a large bowl (w a handle, no less!) and brought it over to fill full of ice cream. (for a picture of this!) Mitch told me that he wondered what Lu was doing, but thought he must have decided he wanted some more food :) I know Mitch very much appreciated the time and both conversations that day!
On Friday we also let the kids open a gift from both grandparents. On Austynn's bday both the kids got a kids camera, but it didn't take a very clear pic, so we returned them and looked for a durable regular little camera for each of them. I found them both one, so they are opening them here. I think maybe Austynn is a bit too young (and too much going on here for the attention it took). Carson got it, but his camera needed new batteries - nice. He finally used his just last weekend. I will have to find some time to spend with Austynn and her's.
After all this Friday the 23rd excitement, Lu and Karen offered us the motel room and they stayed with the kids over night! Wow! This was such an amazing break for Mitch and I! We so enjoyed the breather and it felt great! We went to bed late, but managed 5 straight hours of sleep and then a few more before getting up. Oh man, sleep, if only it could be given as a gift! Thanks so much for the reprieve, it was great!









Loved this,..every single picture and written word! What a special time ya'll had, and I am so glad. Give big hugs to all my nieces and nephew, and reserve one for yourself, too little Momma! Lots of Love, Stace
ReplyDelete