Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Our weekend

Oh, our little pumpkin! She was looking out the window bc daddy and Carson were out washing my car and putting Carson's new car seat in. She is eating one of our left over cocoa pancakes from breakfast - Toshie has high hopes of taking it from her ;)
 Our girls with their pretty, polished finger nails and lovely hair dues :)- Paislee's first rubber band attempt :) I think she might have some pretty curls...we will have to wait and see!
 We polished Austynn's finger nails Friday evening (I think Carson stayed up this day, so he was already in bed, asleep!). Daddy is reading Austynn her Bible before bed. I should tell a funny story - When Austynn woke up, her nail polish was already coming off. She informed me that it was breaking. So, I said we could fix it after her bath. I did her toe nails then, too. However, I was really on her not to tough anything bc she would ruin them. She did pretty good and only got a very tiny bit on her pants (lesson learned: never do this w nice clothes). Anyway, Mimi wanted to see her pretty nails and she was all worried bc they got touched. Karen and I laughed when she said "Mimi touched my nails!" and we informed her that it was ok bc they were dry ;) Such the girl. Why doesn't polish stay on better!?
 The kids and I made cocoa-heart shaped pancakes for brk on Saturday morning. Mitch was out washing my car - yay! He was motivated bc the hose was still out from my grandparents coming over. On Friday I asked g/g if they would mind coming over for a bit after I put the kids down for a nap, so I could get groceries. They did and also cleaned all my windows in this computer room, inside and out!!! They have NEVER been cleaner - I am just loving it! Gramps also sharpened all my knives. Wow! Thanks so much!! ... Oh, this is why Carson was tired Friday night - he stayed up until g/g got here and came out after I left :)
 Mimi and Grandpa came up to see us this weekend :) Mimi holding Paislee (she was probably the 1st up from her nap!)
 Dad and Grandpa took the kids fishing! while Mimi, Pais and I shopped! (Who got the best deal here?)
 Our little fishing diva! I asked her if she wanted to go shopping w mommy and Mimi or fishing with daddy. She didn't miss a beat when responding "Fishing w Daddy and Cawsie!" Mitch asked her, too, and she had the same response! I loved it.
 Here are our little fishermen - they didn't get any fish (learning what fishing is really like early on!), but they had a blast with the worms! If you look, Austynn is holding about a 6" worm, trying to feed it to the ducks!
 Getting the worms
 It was Carson's turn to stay at the motel, so we enjoyed some solo time w Austynn! She was chilling by daddy (who was beat), talking on his phone and thinking she is pretty neat :)
 I just love this smile of our Carson man. A little side note on our "handsome" boy. He is really trying to exert himself and show that he is the one in control right now :) We were having a conversation with him last night, explaining that we were the parents, we are in charge, and we will win :)-- What was his response? ... "The little guy won in David and Goliath" ... are you serious? You are 3 and a half - you are not suppose to come up w analogies like this! I thought maybe he should win :)

 Our girls Sunday am before church in their cute little Vday shirts! Poor Pais was really struggling w a cold here. She was on her way to the MD. All the kids have been battling being sick this week :(
 Thanks Grandpa and Mimi for coming to visit us! We all love our time together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment